The main application of polyacrylamide (Magnafloc 90L 919)
Polyscrylamide, short for polyacrylamide, is a water-soluble linear polymer substance, which is made from the polymerization of monomer acrylamide. Monomer acrylamide chemical properties are very active, in the double bond and amide group can be carried out a series of chemical reactions, using different processes, into different functional groups, you can get different molecular weight and different charge of the product. The average molecular weight of polyacrylamide from thousands to millions of more along the bond molecules have a number of functional groups, can be most ionized in water, belonging to the polymer electrolyte. It can be divided into anionic type (such as --COOH,--SO3H,--OSO3H, etc.) cationic type (such as --NH3OH,--NH2OH, -ConH3OH) and non-ionic type according to the characteristics of its separable groups. Product appearance is white powder, soluble in water, almost insoluble in benzene, ether and ester, acetone and other general organic solvent, its aqueous solution nearly transparent viscous liquid, is a non-dangerous goods, non-toxic, non-corrosive, solid polyacrylamide has the water absorbability, moisture absorption increased with the increase of ionic degree, polyacrylamide thermal stability; It has good stability when heated to 100℃, but it is easy to decompose the produced nitrogen when it is above 150℃, and it is insoluble in water due to imination between molecules. Density (g) mL 23℃1.302. When the vitrification humidity is 153℃, polyacrylamide exhibits non-Newtonian fluidity under stress.
Use the feature
1) flocculation: polyacrylamide can make suspended substances through electric neutralization, bridging adsorption, flocculation.
2) bonding: through mechanical, physical and chemical effects, the bonding effect.
3) resistance reduction: polyacrylamide can effectively reduce the friction resistance of fluid, adding trace polyacrylamide in water can reduce resistance by 50-80%.
4) thickening: polyacrylamide has thickening effect in neutral and acid conditions, when the PH value is above 10℃ polyacrylamide is easy to hydrolysis. Thickening will be more pronounced with a semi-reticular structure.
A brief introduction to the action principle of polyacrylamide
1) flocculation principle: polyacrylamide used for flocculation, and the surface properties of the flocculated species, especially the electrokinetic potential, viscosity, turbidity and the PH value of the suspension, the particle surface electrokinetic potential, is the reason for particle resistance polyacrylamide with opposite surface charge, can reduce the electrokinetic potential and condensation.
2) adsorption bridge: polyacrylamide molecular chain is fixed on the surface of different particles, the formation of polymer bridge between the particles, so that the particles form aggregates and settlement.
3) surface adsorption: polyacrylamide molecules on the polar group particles of various adsorption.
4) enhanced effect: polyacrylamide molecular chain and dispersed phase through a variety of mechanical, physical, chemical and other effects, will be dispersed implicated together, forming a network, so as to enhance the effect. Polyacrylamide referred to as polyacrylamide, also known as no. 3 coagulant, molecular formula is, is linear water-soluble polymer, molecular weight between 3 million to 18 million, the appearance of white powder or colorless viscous colloid, odorless, neutral, soluble in water, easy to decompose when the temperature exceeds 120℃.
Polyacrylamide molecules have positive genes (-CONH2), can be dispersed in the solution of suspended particles absorption and bridge, has a strong flocculation effect, so widely used in water treatment and power, mining, coal preparation, asbestos products, petrochemical, paper making, textile, sugar, medicine, environmental protection, etc.