- Applications of potassium super absorbent polymer
- How does drag reducing agent (DRA)work?
- Flocculant used in mining(Coal,Gold,Silver,Lead,Zinc)
- Serious statement about usurped 、copied Chinafloc content and LOGOL
- super absorbent polymer(SAP)for Potato and sunflower
- Super absorbent polymer(SAP)from Chinafloc is popular in the international markets
- How to identify the quality of sap(super absorbent polymer )for agriculture
- The applications of super absorbent polymer(SAP) from Chinafloc
- COD AND BOD REMOVAL
- The main applications of polyacrylamide(PAM,FLOCCULANT)
What is the difference of Flocculants & Coagulants?
Flocculation and coagulation treatment chemicals are used in effluent water treatment processes for solids removal, water clarification, sludge thickening, lime softening and solids dewatering.
Coagulants neutralize the negative electrical charge on particles, which destabilizes the forces keeping colloids apart. Water treatment coagulants are comprised of positively charged molecules that, when added to the water and mixed, accomplish this charge neutralization. Inorganic coagulants, organic coagulants or a combination of both are typically used to treat water for suspended solids removal.
When an inorganic coagulant is added to water containing a colloidal suspension, the cationic metal ion from the coagulant neutralizes the negatively charged electric double layer of the colloid. Much the same occurs with an organic coagulant, except the positive charge most commonly comes from an amine (NH4+) group attached to the coagulant molecule. Chinafloc has NSF-approved coagulation products. Examples of Chinafloc coagulants include aluminum salts, iron salts, and polyelectrolytes.
Flocculants gather the destabilized particle.